Downtown Connector Resurfacing Project
ATLANTA – A major resurfacing project is in progress on I-75/I-85 (Downtown Connector).
Resurfacing of approximately 6 miles on I-75/I-85 (Downtown Connector) northbound and southbound from University Avenue to the Brookwood Interchange in Fulton County.
To limit delays and inconvenience to motorists, lane closures will be limited to nights and weekends.
For details on closures, use the CONSTRUCTION tab to the left of the traffic map, or on the main menu of the Georgia 511 app.
|There is a work stoppage in effect until April 2017, or whenever night time temperatures are forecast to be above 55 degrees for an extended time.
Know Before You Go
- These are high volume routes. Motorists are cautioned to reduce their speed while traveling through work zones, pay attention and watch for workers.
- The speed limit will be reduced to 45 mph in the work zone area. Fines for speeding are doubled in a work zone
- The HOV lane will become a general purpose lane when necessary, throughout active work zones.
- Before heading out, get real-time information on work status and traffic conditions. Call 511, visit 511ga.org, or download the Georgia 511 app.
- Changeable Message boards and overhead signs will provide regular updates on ramp closures.
- Ramps will be open for emergency vehicles when needed.
- Additional restrictive hours may occur for special events, such as, but not limited to, the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, Music Midtown Festival and Georgia Tech football games due to the proximity of work to these known events.